ACTIVE WHĀNAU (PARENTS) & TEACHERS
The APT (Active Whānau (Parents) & Teachers) is a group of passionate whānau and teachers at Miramar Christian School, who seek to enhance the culture of the kura community through mutual caring and practical support.
We are accountable to the Board of Trustees and we meet together regularly to pray, plan and discuss ways we can make MCS “the best little kura to belong to”. We encourage all whānau to actively participate in the life of the kura community, and we have identified a range of ways that people can be involved according to their interests, talents/abilities and availability. These include:
- Welcoming New Whānau – e.g. welcome gift, meals, pastoral visit, buddy family etc
- Supporting Current Whānau – e.g. pastoral visit, budgeting, babysitting, carpooling, food parcels etc
- Prayer / Spiritual Life – e.g. prayer team, bible study, praying for specific needs etc
- Fundraising – e.g. kura gala, sausages, bake sales, car washes, selling chocolates etc
- Supporting the Staff/Principal – e.g. providing morning teas, prayer, filing resources, marking etc
- Whānau Helpers – e.g. office help, photocopying, library, drivers to events, sport coaching, music, kura trips etc
- Kura Community Events – e.g. whānau fun nights, open day, book week, science fair, etc
- Maintaining the Property – e.g. working bees, spring cleaning etc
- Marketing the Kura – e.g. updating the website, posters/fliers to churches & prekura’s, stall at local fairs etc
We encourage all whānau to get involved in the APT to care for and support other whānau in the kura and help the effective operation of the kura community.
Please contact Kerrin Allott through the kura office if you would like to be involved and to come along to the next APT meeting.
To report an absence please call the office (04) 939 8558