ACTIVE PARENTS & TEACHERS
The APT (Active Parents & Teachers) is a group of passionate parents and teachers at Miramar Christian School, who seek to enhance the culture of the school community through mutual caring and practical support.
We are accountable to the Board of Trustees and we meet together regularly to pray, plan and discuss ways we can make MCS “the best little school to belong to”. We encourage every parent & family to actively participate in the life of the school community, and we have identified a range of ways that people can be involved according to their interests, talents/abilities and availability. These include:
- Welcoming New Families – e.g. welcome gift, meals, pastoral visit, buddy family etc
- Supporting Current Families – e.g. pastoral visit, budgeting, babysitting, carpooling, food parcels etc
- Prayer / Spiritual Life – e.g. prayer team, bible study, praying for specific needs etc
- Fundraising – e.g. school gala, sausages, bake sales, car washes, selling chocolates etc
- Supporting the Staff / Principal – e.g. providing morning teas, prayer, filing resources, marking etc
- Parent Helpers – e.g. office help, photocopying, library, drivers to events, sport coaching, music, school trips etc
- School Community Events – e.g. family fun nights, open day, book week, science fair, etc
- Maintaining the Property – e.g. working bees, spring cleaning etc
- Marketing the School – e.g. updating the website, posters/fliers to churches & preschools, stall at local fairs etc
We encourage every parent to get involved in the APT to care for and support other families in the school and help the effective operation of the school community.
Please contact Chairman Phil Coates or the school office if you would like to be involved and to come along to the next APT meeting.